With six months to go, the 2022 Because We Are Catholic Appeal is more than halfway toward its $4 million goal.
More than 8,000 donors have contributed about $2.3 million so far in the Appeal.
The Because We Are Catholic Appeal makes it possible for the Diocese of Allentown to continue its mission of bringing the Light of Christ to our communities.
Funds donated to the appeal are used to serve thousands of children, adults, and families in Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, and Schuylkill Counties through Catholic Charities, senior citizen services, young adult outreach, food ministries, promotion of vocations, Catholic school scholarships, and much more.
- Catholic Senior Housing and Health Care Services provides faithful care and professional service to hundreds of residents, patients, and clients.
- Young men and women spend part of their summer attending information and outreach programs to learn more about vocations and the call to religious life.
- Diocesan retreats, conferences, and pastoral programs prepare thousands of children, families, and adults to strengthen and sustain their Catholic faith.
- Every week, Catholic Charities responds to hundreds of calls from individuals and families in all five counties of our Diocese requesting food, counseling, and charitable assistance.
- The appeal supports vocations through financial support of seminarians, and education through scholarships at the diocese’s 28 Catholic elementary Schools, 7 Catholic High Schools, and 3 Special Learning Centers.
Disbursement of all Because We are Catholic Appeal contributions is monitored by the Because We Are Catholic Appeal Board of Trust Advisors, a 12-member board of volunteer community leaders and parishioners from parishes around the Diocese.
If you haven’t already contributed, please visit www.BecauseWeAreCatholic.org for more information, and to support the Appeal today.
In the photo above: Programs that provide nutritious food to those in need are among the good works supported by the Because We are Catholic Appeal.